Xymox
Site Admin

The Bad Modems List

Post by Xymox » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:41 am

The Bad Modem List is here > app.php/badmodems

e38BimmerFN

Re: The Bad Modems List

Post by e38BimmerFN » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:42 pm

Not that the list is bad, however aesthetically, it would look nicer if the list alphabetized by Mfr then Model in the list.
Good listing though. Its a start.

I'm hoping to see a list maybe at some point of good modems for people inquiring of what modems that are suggested "good" modems to use. Maybe a list of what users contribute to experience wise maybe. An idea.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:57 am

Its now alphabetized. Also I cleaned it up some and separated out MSOs + Model to make it easier for people to locate thier unit based on whats on the box they have at home. For example Virgin Media Hub 3

e38BimmerFN

Post by e38BimmerFN » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Thank you Sir.

Had another idea. It might take more time, a list of what ISPs support what modems. Theres been posts about some users can't get away from bad modems as there ISPs have a limited support modem line. I know Armstrong is one of them. Cable one supports most, however if you go get on there GigaOne speed tier, they only have support for 3 modems which are all Intel based:
http://support.cableone.net/Pages/Answe ... aspx?a=278

If you ur on one of there other tiers then you have options to get away from Intel based:
http://support.cableone.net/Pages/Answe ... aspx?a=207

Just an idea for later on.

Have a great day.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 am

Whew.. That would be a lot to compile, but the real issue is keeping it updated..

Maybe we could keep a list of "approved modem" links that point to say the top 10 ISPs.

I donno.. Thats a hard list you speak of.. It would be awesome, but whew..

e38BimmerFN

Post by e38BimmerFN » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:45 am

Ya, would be. I like ur idea of links to ISPs approved modem list. Would be probably easier that way. Also provides proof for some who are not sure. So they can see that is approved for themselves. ;)