My Experience w/ Cable ONE

A place to ponder randomly
kc6108

My Experience w/ Cable ONE

Post by kc6108 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:55 am

Four years ago I moved back to my hometown in southeast Kansas after living in Kansas City, MO for ~15 years. In KC I had Google Fiber. My subdivision was one of the lucky few to get it first. I paid like $110/mo for their symmetrical gigabit Internet (with no data caps or modem rental fees) and TV service (whole-home DVR storage box and four digital boxes). It was extremely cheap and amazing. I even got a free tablet in the deal.

Anyway, when I moved back I only had two ISP to choose from. AT&T U-Verse (ADSL 18Mbps up/1Mbps down, but no data cap) or Cable ONE (100Mbps with 300 GB data cap).

As I wasn't used to data caps I went with Cable ONE. They gave me three strikes (three months of going over) and then cancelled my service. The rep told me they didn't even had a plan large enough, business or otherwise, to accommodate the 1 TB I was using.

So for 3 years or so I was stuck with DSL. Obviously, it sucked ass...

A couple months ago Cable ONE upgraded their infrastructure in my area to DOCSIS 3.0 and began offering GigaONE gigabit Internet. It just so happens a friend of mine had just given me his Motorola MB8600 he was no longer using. I called Cable ONE and ordered GigaONE. It is $125/mo in my area. Unlimited data is now an option as well. It costs 40 extra bones a month. I did opt for it because GigaONE comes with 1200 MB of data per month. Also, I had gone to their website and saw they were running a special for 1500 MB of data per month for life at no extra cost.

I got my first bill and noticed I had a 1200 MB data cap. I called them and the rep couldn't change me to 1500 MB as it's no longer offered. She didn't even know it was ever offered. I told her I had a screen shot and forwarded it to her work email. She immediately offered me unlimited data for life for free in its place!

I am attaching that screen shot in case anyone else can benefit from it like I did.
Attachments
FreeUnlimited.png
FreeUnlimited.png (124.79 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
1500MBoffer.png
1500MBoffer.png (363.5 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Failure to plan on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine.

kc6108

Re: My Experience w/ Cable ONE

Post by kc6108 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:11 am

I uploaded a screenshot of my account as further proof others can provide in an attempt to get >1200 MB/mo at no additional cost.

e38BimmerFN

Post by e38BimmerFN » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:25 pm

I had the 1G plan for a few months last year. Was ok. Really didn't do enough besides router and modem testing. I went back to the unlimited 200/10 plan. Works for our needs. :dance:

I see they only now offer the 1200Mb data plan for the 1Gb service. :roll:

kc6108

Post by kc6108 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 pm

That's right... and why I uploaded a screenshot.

I was prepared to downgrade my account as well until the rep offered unlimited for free :)

e38BimmerFN

Post by e38BimmerFN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Thats very nice. I've always had good experiences with C1. :clap: