Thank you and question

Where to rant about a bad modem
abricru

Thank you and question

Post by abricru » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:38 am

Hi,

I am so happy to have found this site. I don't know very much about computers, but I knew there was something wrong with my internet connection. It has taken me a couple of weeks of research, but this page may have been what I was looking for all along. Thank you for creating this site.

My modem is the ARRIS TM1602A. Charter is my ISP. There is no other choice where I live, unfortunately. They provided me with a separate Netgear router. Of course, their customer service was no help at all, and led me on some wild goose chases.

So if I can afford it, I plan to return their ARRIS and purchase one of the good ones y'all have listed. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as I said, I don't know much about this stuff. I have an old Motorola Surfboard DOCSIS 3.0 (Don't know what DOCSIS is.) Until I get a new modem, would I be able to use it in place of the bad modem?

I'm going to tell everyone I know about this page!

Thanks for your help :)

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Thank you and question

Post by Xymox » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 am

You might be able to and thats a good option. What model is it ? Call Charter and ask them if you can install that model#.

If your handy with hooking and unhooking then swap the modems, then call Charter and tell them you have a new modem you need activated on your account. You will need the super long serial number and the super long MAC address on a sticker on the modem. Have those ready when you call. They will ether activate it right then, or tell you you cant and you swap back.

Your welcome. Im glad your on your way to a zippy connection.