Cable Company "Darling" Modems

Where to discus how to best use a modem
chpalmer

Cable Company "Darling" Modems

Post by chpalmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:26 am

Ive noticed a trend lately with some cable companies that may or may not be new but-

My cable company for instance- WaveBroadband is going to be turning up DOCSIS 3.1 very soon. They are already selling gigabit service (to those with 32 channels available) to some areas and hope to have all areas available by the end of this year.

In order to subscribe to the highest tier the rumor is (and its from their own techs mouths) that the customer will have to rent or buy from them their choice (darling) of modem and that their will be no other choice.

Wave is going to the Hitron Coda-45 which is a Puma 7 device according to the Hitron documentation.

Im hoping that they wonder over here and see the futility of their choice.. (higher tech support call loads, truck rolls, unhappy customers jumping over to their local PUD fiber as it comes available.. ect.) Image

Wonder if any other areas are following suit??
Sorry- my crystal ball is running on a Puma 6..

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Cable Company "Darling" Modems

Post by Xymox » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:07 am

Oh god....

Man how did Intel get all these MSOs to smoke crack ? :angry-banghead:

And thats a nice smilie..Made for black background too. It inspired me to go smilie crazy.

I added lots of smilies and even added yours :crazyx . As we might need that a lot. :clap:

:obscene-moneypiss:INTEL